The Grande Prairie Opioid Task Force has developed a Needle Disposal Guide to help address the issue of drug and needle debris in our community.
Grande Prairie disposal bin locations:
- Towne Centre Mall, south parking lot
- Beside Salvation Army/Soup Kitchen
- Attached to the Rotary House trash enclosure
- Alley behind Better than Fred’s
- Detox Entrance Northern Addiction Centre
- Around the corner from Shoppers Drug Mart entrance Prairie Mall
- Empty lot across from The Industry
- Rotary Campground RV Dump Station
- Parking lot at Muskoseepi Park across from the museum
- Beside the garage in Community Village
- Needles can be dropped off at the Supervised Consumption Site 10am-10pm at Rotary House 10101 97a St
Needle Disposal Supports:
Northreach Society | Needle Pick-up
Northreach offers education and services for needle pick-up. Education teaches community members how to safely dispose of used needles, and where to find the needle disposal bins, which are located throughout the city. For needles found within the community, call the office (780-538-3388), and Northreach staff will come pick them up and dispose of them safely.