The Grande Prairie Opioid Task Force has developed a Needle Disposal Guide to help address the issue of drug and needle debris in our community.
Grande Prairie disposal bin locations:
- Towne Centre Mall, south parking lot
- Beside Salvation Army /Soup Kitchen
- Attached to the Rotary House trash enclosure
- Alley behind Better than Fred’s
- Detox Entrance Northern Addiction Centre
- Around the corner from Shoppers Drug Mart entrance Prairie Mall
- Empty lot across from The Industry
- Alley beside Salvation Army
- Grove of trees west trail into park from St. Pauls United Church
- Beside the garage in Community Village
Needle Disposal Supports:
Northreach Society | Needle Pick-up
Northreach offers education and services for needle pick-up. Education teaches community members how to safely dispose of used needles, and where to find the needle disposal bins, which are located throughout the city. For needles found within the community, call the office (780-538-3388), and Northreach staff will come pick them up and dispose of them safely.
Needle Distribution Supports:
Northreach Society | Needle Distribution
Northreach Society partners with local and Northern pharmacies for our Needle Distribution Program, the following pharmacies can be accessed for safer injection kits: Shamrock, Save-On Foods, Walmart, Safeway N and S., Costco, Superstore, London Drugs, ACT Medical, Sexsmith Pharmacy.